Enter Fair Observer’s international blogging competition, YouLead 2015.
Fair Observer invites you to participate in YouLead 2015. We have decided to give the best young thinkers a global stage to share their ideas. This stage is Fair Observer, which has an influential audience across the globe, and YouLead is your chance to shine on it.
What is YouLead?
At Fair Observer, we believe in fostering leadership among the youth. You have to take the lead in addressing the great issues of our times. YouLead, an international blogging carnival, is your opportunity to take the global stage and address the issue that YOU care about.
Who can participate?
Any blogger, columnist or content creator between 16-30 with a passion for media, good writing, logic, argument and a desire to #makesense of the world.
Why should I be excited?
For good reasons such as those below:
1) $101 cash prize for the top blogger.
2) The best five blogs will be published on fairobserver.com.
3) Fair Observer will share the top five blogs on social media.
4) Fair Observer has an ISSN (2372-9112) from the US Library of Congress, with Nobel laureates, former prime ministers and Harvard professors as contributors. Its audience is international and influential.
5) The top bloggers will gain an opportunity to interact and learn from senior editors.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Here is what you need to do:
Update your Facebook and Twitter status with:
“I just entered the #YouLead blog competition of www.fairobserver.com to #makesense of the world. My article is coming soon…”
Here is what you need to do before August 31, 2015:
1) Publish a blog piece and state: “This entry is part of Fair Observer’s YouLead 2015.” And also place three links in it: www.fairobserver.com + www.facebook.com/fairobserver + https://twitter.com/myfairobserver.
2) Then tweet: “I just submitted my entry for the #YouLead blog competition of @myfairobserver to #makesense of the world. URL”
3) Then update your Facebook status: “I just submitted my entry for the #YouLead blog competition of www.fairobserver.com to #makesense of the world. What do you think of my article? URL”
4) Email email@example.com and send us the link to your article.
Submitting your entry at the earliest is strongly advisable as it will give your article a chance to create traction, which is part of the judgment criteria.
What topics can I write about?
The world is your oyster when it comes to topics. Some suggestions from us are as follows:
1) Review articles published on Fair Observer.
2) Comment on mainstream media such as The Economist, CNN, Al Jazeera et al.
3) Write about any burning topic that you feel strongly about.
1) Does it have to be a “serious” blog?
Absolutely NOT. We value humor and insight. Just have something meaningful to say and say it well.
Fair Observer constantly pushes the envelope not only when it comes to diverse perspectives, but also multiple forms. Your blog may be “comical,” “satirical,” “hard-hitting” or even “serious,” just so long as you #makesense.
2) Do I need to “play-safe” and avoid controversies?
Not at all. We tackle all kinds of topics, regardless of how controversial they happen to be. Look at this article by the Founder: Excuse Me, Why is Jesus White?
3) What are the judging criteria?
A senior editorial panel will choose the best blog entries based on their originality, insights, structure, relevance and popularity. Judging best blogs is more of an art than a science. So the advice to every blogger is to write with both passion and reason, share vehemently and to give it their best shot.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and quote YouLead 2015.
Closing date: September 15, 2015 (extension)