Why should I read Fair Observer?
We suggest that you read us for five key reasons:
1) We are relevant. We focus on critical global issues. Our content is created by more than 2,000 contributors from over 70 countries. This bottom-up approach allows us to focus on issues that really matter. It also means you get unique insights that you do not get elsewhere.
2) We give you great quality. Everything that is published goes through a rigorous editorial process. We check sources and facts. We tighten arguments and polish language. We ensure that you read something of value that informs – if not educates – you.
3) We are transparent. Our contributors are educated professionals and put their reputations on the line. We invite open debate, and every position can be challenged by submitting a relevant counterargument to our editorial team.
4) We publish a plurality of perspectives. We give you access to insights from Gaza and Varanasi to San Francisco and Shanghai. We go beyond the national narratives of ruling elites. Anyone from anywhere can be a contributor. In essence, we provide global coverage and foster global discourse.
5) We focus on education. We place issues in context, delving into their social, historical, economic, philosophical and cultural aspects. Our book on the Arab Uprisings explains the recent developments in the Middle East to students, professionals and general readers. Our yearbooks and quarterlies are prescribed reading in many universities. We also conduct educational and training programs in schools and universities around the world, as well as workshops and seminars at companies and other organizations.
Why should I trust Fair Observer’s contributors?
Our contributors make the cut because of their first-hand experience of the issues they analyze. They are either academics with scholarship in the subject or professionals who have worked in the field. All content has to pass through our editorial filter, which ensures that everything on our website is factually correct and intellectually rigorous.
Who reads Fair Observer?
Business professionals, policymakers, academics and students read us. In the US, the majority of our readers are based in New York, Boston, Washington, DC and San Francisco. In Europe, our biggest hubs are London, Berlin, Paris and Brussels. In Asia, our readers are based in cities like New Delhi, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Singapore.
What are Fair Observer’s education and training programs about?
Fair Observer sets out to democratize and globalize discourse. Today, we have more than 2,000 contributors from over 70 countries, many of whom were trained by us. In the process, we have acquired deep expertise in training students, scholars, journalists, writers and professionals from around the world.
The 2016 Voices of the World Program was conducted in partnership with the United Nations Foundation. The other organizations involved were:
1) Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (India)
2) Moroccan Center for Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship (Morocco)
3) Moi University (Kenya)
4) FHWien University of Applied Sciences of WKW (Austria)
5) Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico)
6) Ithaca College (US)
Fair Observer is now conducting education and training programs for students, young professionals and business executives from around the world on subjects like journalism, geopolitics, the global economy, diversity and more.
What are Fair Observer’s future plans?
We aim to improve content, engagement and distribution. In the medium-term, our goal is to raise money to survive and thrive. Once we have more resources, we will produce publications on important issues in the same vein as our book on the Arab Uprisings. We will increase our multimedia content, particularly video and infographics. In the long-run, we will set the standards in our field and add to the sum total of human knowledge.
Why should I donate and where will my money go?
We have created what you see today through sweat, blood and tears. We run the organization on a shoestring, so imagine how much more we could do with adequate resources. If you donate, it will help us pay for servers, laptops and office space. We will be able to spend on marketing, teach students and do much more.
You can pay with PayPal/Credit Card/Debit Card.
You can make a check payable to “Fair Observer” and post it to
237 Hamilton Ave, Mountain View,
CA 94043, USA.