Join our network of more than 2,000 contributors to publish your perspective, share your story and shape the global conversation. Become a Fair Observer and help us make sense of the world.
Remember, we are a digital media platform and welcome content in all forms: short blogs and in-depth articles, podcasts, videos, vlogs, photo essays, infographics and interactive features. We work closely with our contributors, provide feedback and enable them to achieve their potential. Think of us as a community that believes in diversity and debate.
The US Library of Congress recognizes us as a journal with ISSN 2372-9112.
If you are a first-time contributor, click here to fill out your details and make sure that you send us your photo (minimum of 500 x 500 pixels). Once we receive your information, we will send you login details to the Fair Observer online platform where you can submit content. We will try to respond within 7 working days of hearing from you. For time-sensitive submissions, please email us and state “urgent” in the subject line and explain your reasons for doing so.
We request that you write in US English, use spell-check and include your sources as hyperlinks. If you send photos with your submission, we require license information. For more details, please take a look at our Contributor Guidelines.
OUR REVIEW PROCESS
Fair Observer reviews all submitted content. The publishing process comprises the following steps:
1) Review of content
2) Review of language
3) Review by the Editorial Board
MY VOICE GUIDELINES
Our My Voice section allows you to express your thoughts on a specific subject in a succinct video commentary, or vlog.
1) Use a DSLR, camcorder, smartphone, tablet or webcam to film
2) Make sure the room is well lit so that people can see you
3) Ensure the sound is good so you can be heard
4) Look directly at the camera so you are speaking to the viewer
5) Answer one question per video submission
6) Express your perspective — be succinct, lucid and logical
7) Do all of this in two to three minutes and, in any case, do not exceed five minutes
8) Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo or send us your raw video footage for editing
Click here to see examples