Join our network of more than 2,000 contributors to publish your perspective, share your story and shape the global conversation. Become a Fair Observer and help us make sense of the world.
Remember, we are a digital media platform and welcome content in all forms: short blogs and in-depth articles, podcasts, video, vlogs, photo essays, infographics and interactive features. We work closely with our contributors, provide feedback and enable them to achieve their potential. Think of us as a community that believes in diversity and debate.
The US Library of Congress recognizes us as a journal with ISSN 2372-9112.
If you are a first-time contributor, complete the form below to register. Once logged in to our online publishing platform, update your profile and upload your photo — make sure it is 500 x 500 pixels and is under 100 kb.
For article submissions only, please use our publishing platform. For videos, podcast, and photos, do not upload them to the system and instead contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not own the images, you need to prove you have the legal right to use them.
For time-sensitive submissions, please email us and state “urgent” in the subject line and explain why.
We request that you write in US English, use spell-check and include your sources as hyperlinks. For more details, please take a look at our Contributor Guidelines.
Fair Observer reviews all submitted content. The publishing process comprises the following steps: review of content and language and a final check by the editorial board.
You have successfully registered with us.
Use your login details to sign in to the Fair Observer online publishing platform.
If you are having any problems, you can click here to log in.
MY VOICE GUIDELINES
Our My Voice section allows you to express your thoughts on a specific subject in a succinct video commentary, or vlog.
1) Use a DSLR, camcorder, smartphone, tablet or webcam to film
2) Make sure the room is well lit so that people can see you
3) Ensure the sound is good so you can be heard
4) Look directly at the camera so you are speaking to the viewer
5) Answer one question per video submission
6) Express your perspective — be succinct, lucid and logical
7) Do all of this in two to three minutes and, in any case, do not exceed five minutes
8) Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo or send us your raw video footage for editing
Click here to see examples.